Food Additives and Side Effects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Food Additives and Side Effects   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Food additives are ingredients added to substances such as foods, cosmetics, packaging materials etc. for the purpose of altering its characteristics which can be used for stability, flavour, cost, performance, etc..

Natural additives were used for these purposes previously and now artificial additives are used with development of the technology. Control authorities were founded in many countries and scientists tested these additives in their laboratories. They found that some of them were harmful for to your health. Some countries have already banned or restricted usage of these additives.

Click on the numbers for a full list of names and side effects

COLOURS 100-181

PRESERVATIVES 200-290

ACIDS, ANTIOXIDANTS, MINERAL SALTS 296-385

VEGETABLE GUMS, EMULSIFIERS, STABILISERS etc. 400-495

MINERAL SALTS, ANTI-CAKING AGENTS 500-585

FLAVOUR ENHANCERS620-640

ANTIBIOTICS 700-800

MISCELLANEOUS 900-1520
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

This is a very important post and I'm sure most people have no idea how many additives are affecting their health. I noticed when I moved to a third world country and had to change my diet to what was available seasonally. There were no supermarkets, processed foods, only what came into the market daily from the farmers. I never felt so alive and healthy! When I returned to the states I tried to maintain this diet, it was virtually impossible. I started to notice I was developing health issues and I knew it was from the change in diet. Nothing else would explain it. When I discussed it with my doctor I was told "you're probably sensitive to food additives". WTH??? I answered him that I had probably cleansed my system completely of them and even thought I'm vigilant many things are hidden in our food. Maybe I said they are not meant to be put there in the first place. When I was diagnosed with diabetes they wanted to inject me with insulin right then and there, I refused! I said give me one week and I guarantee you I can bring my blood sugar to normal levels with diet alone. I did! I've been following this regimine to this day and although I'm still classifiied as diabetic, my glucose levels are far lower than most people with normal levels. Biofeedback therapy techniques also helped me. Through meditation you can control your heartrate, breathing and even ground out toxins from your body. It takes practice but I'm living proof that it is possible.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:15 am

I found that the medication will only cover the symptoms and do nothing for the desease.

In fact I personally feel the medication adds to the problem ! You have to realize that the FDA could are less what the Pharacutical companies put in our body.

We are all missing the vitamins, nutrients and minerals that God put on this planet for us to survive. Chem trails and the pesticides are killers for sure

My life turned around so much after I threw out the medication. I was on 16 different medications including inhalers. My lungs have been totally damaged by the Foradil which was for the lungs.

Two years ago I seen a headline indicating that there were 20 medications that the medical field wanted off the market. So far I have seen only three being reported, why?, The FDA says they want to do their own independent study.

My health has improved and I am working on my lungs but I will get there.

I need to work on my meditation, it seems.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor

Number of posts : 4227
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:56 am

yes, mn, is "mediTation" not "mediCation"

what breaks my heart is the abundance of drugs out there
prescribed for various depressions and mental illnesses and
"behavior" problems...

seems like the more scrips you take, the more you need help.....

and, before i gave away my TV, the ads which direct the masses
to ask their doctor for this or that...

i don't use doctors, if i have a choice, because i do not want to
participate in tests or hear what they have to say...

and i say "by choice" because in my life there have been 3 times i have
been taken to hospital - when i had my son (C-section), when
they scraped me off road after motorcycle accident, and to
emergency room with headache which they said was meningitis - my
sis dragged me in that time after days had gone by
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
mntruthseeker

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:26 am

Sounds awful and it took me awhile but I too refuse to go to drs.

I can't imagine and you know what is really sad..........

I do take everything but medication now a days and another point is the prices............Oh gosh if it cost alot, it must be good. Then if you can't afford it, apply for it online and they will know all about you.

I am on oxygen but I do recall a few days where I was able to go without for a few hours. I was trying to meditate then. I was listening to solfeggio & binaural tunes and I must get back to them. I felt it and now I know it was working for me. Listening to the sounds and watching Jezebel's videos was working for me !

Im with you absolutely medication is not what one needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgMQOAWeVs0&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor

Number of posts : 4227
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Are Food Additives Making Us Violent

Dr. Blaylock

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
mntruthseeker

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Exellent video. love that man thumbsupb
Back to top Go down
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Someone close to me suffered from depression. They went to the doctors and prescribed the antidepressant zoloft. Instead of treating the mental illness it intensified the symptoms to increased heart rate, paranoia and suicidal thoughts. This was one 1/4 of the recommended dosage!

I went to see a naturopath to ask for a natural alternative. The nice lady who took the time free of charge to assist and inform me on SAMe (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) that is involved in the synthesis of various neurotransmitters in the brain. A safe and effective way to treat depression.

Well after a week the symptoms started to vanish. After 3-4 weeks they were completely free of depression with no side effects.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:01 pm

if a person is taking a form of zoloft or any kind of anti-depresant they do need to be very careful in weening off the drug.

I know that zolof is terrible. Your heart will race and it will feel like you are having a heart attack if you just quit taking it otherwise

I made that mistake with a form of anti depresant and I was told zoloft was much worse in it's side effects.

I have grand children that have been given medication for ADHD or ADHA and it makes me furious. All of it can be controlled by diet but the parents now a days want everything "ready made" Its hard to tell daughter in laws this information as they call it meddling.

good advice on the SAMe
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm no physician but basically there are two types of depression. One is a chemical imbalance and the other is called "situational depression" due to circumstances temporarily out of your control. Medication will only help the first type and sometimes it's not very effective on that type without long trials of the right type of medication and the right dosage for the inidivual and the side effects can be very dangerous.

The second type will not be helped with medication, it will only mask the problems that need to be resolved.

mnt, in general I agree with your assessment of ADHD and ADD being helped by diet, sadly some types are caused by vaccinations, environmental toxins, genetic predisposition and similar causes. Medication is no cure there either, I wish I knew what was because my daughter suffers from it. I can tell you it is not diet related. I grew up on natural unprocessed foods and have been aware of the dangers of additives and toxins in our food and water for decades. I was vigilant during pregnancy and when she was born made all her own baby foods from organic produce. She eats a very healthy diet, we don't ever go out to eat because I want to know what's in our food (at least to the point that I can control that). It's more complicated than that. I despise medications of any sort especially for children. That said it doesn't make the situation any easier. She is a bright talented young lady who has suffered from this since she was six years old. My guess is it was the vaccinations at that physical that started her problems. I fought not to have her vaccinated but didn't have the information I have now on how to avoid them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food Additives and Side Effects   

Back to top Go down

Food Additives and Side Effects
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1